So in less than 5 days I will be on my way to Lima, Peru for a mission trip. I am so pumped about it. We are going to an orphanage that we have worked at for the last two years. I can't wait to get there and see the kids and how much they have grown. I'm really looking forward to seeing one special little girl named Rosa. One of my fears is that she won't be there this year. She is the cutest little girl and is so funny.
We have been told that the orphanage has over 600 kids at it. When we first started going to the orphanage 2 years ago, there were only 350. It is not like orphanages here because the kids just come and go as they please and a lot of the kids have families, but their parents send them to the orphanage because they know their kid will get 2 meals a day and an education.
We have been told that the orphanage has over 600 kids at it. When we first started going to the orphanage 2 years ago, there were only 350. It is not like orphanages here because the kids just come and go as they please and a lot of the kids have families, but their parents send them to the orphanage because they know their kid will get 2 meals a day and an education. Other than my upcoming trip to Peru I have been quite busy this summer. Right after school got out I worked for my mom for 3 weeks evaluating day camps all over the Houston area. It was actually kind of fun because when I would go into the camps and tell them who I was and what I was doing they had to be really nice and do what I asked as soon as I asked.
I went to Lubbock for Leah's wedding on 07/07/07. It was a lot of fun. I flew up there and met up with Liz and we got to hang out for a couple days. It was so nice to be away and hang out with friends from my college days (cause that was so long ago).
Right after I got home from Lubbock I had to turn around and go back to Rotan because my great grandmother died. Granny was my mom's paternal grandmother. As sad as Granny dying is, it is also a happy time because Granny is at home with Pa now and how can I complain about that. I'm also so happy that Granny didn't have to suffer for long. Pa died at the end of October and Granny was healthy until about 3 weeks before she died. Besides, knowing that Granny is in heaven with her husband of 73 years, her son (my grandfather), my dad and various other family member is so comforting. The person I feel horrible for is my Grandmother. Days after her mother-in-law died, she was called and told to go to Temple because they didn't think her own mother was going to make it much longer. So now my mom's maternal grandmother is waiting to go see her husband and finally Grandmother Wheeler will be out of pain and she will have her mind back. Oh happy day!!
Through the last couple weeks I have been reminded once again of how special family and close friends are. God is so good and even when we are down or sad, He places people in our lives to help get us through the tough times.
That is all for now. Next time I post I'll be back from Peru and I'm sure I'll be getting ready for school to start. (Or even more likely school will have already started.)
No comments:
Post a Comment