Saturday, October 01, 2005

Some Rita Pictures

The following are some of the pictures that my brother took when we were leaving town last week. No, we did not take pictures of the people peeing on the side of the road. I know that they can not fully describe all the things we saw, but maybe they can help you picture some of what was going on in Houston when people were evacuating.

Resting and stretching in the shade.


Moments after taking this picture, these guys reached into the cooler that was also in the bed of the truck and pulled out beers for themselves and the people in the cab.


Cars waiting to join the traffic on I-45.


This is what I call a little bit of traffic.


Guess that's one way to stay cool in the heat of the day when driving in the middle of insane traffic.


Got Gas??


Look closely and you can see a man standing in the bed of his truck with a towel on his head. It kinda looked like he had the light pole coming out of his head for a while.


Doesn't this look like fun??


These are some guys that were pushing their car and moving with the traffic. Yes, it was moving that slowly.

1 comment:

FeedingYourMind said...

I think that many ACU stickers on a windshield MUST impede a driver's vision! ;)

Also, I like how you're still a senior at ACU that doesn't know what you'll be doing! ;)

Love ya, pal!