Friday, July 22, 2005

Ok, an update about my current job situation. Let's see, where should I begin. I know, not the beginning because that would be really boring.

I guess you could say it all started on July 5th. I had a interview with the superintendent at a Christian School in Houston. It went okay I guess and as soon as it was over, I went to my Grandmother's with some friends from church. They actually went to Anson, but that is irrelevant. The next day Wed. I had a message from the superintendent saying that they wanted to offer me the position. I was somewhat excited, but I wasn't sure if that was what I wanted to do. I didn't call him back partly because my phone didn't work in Rotan and because I was undecided. On Thursday we went to Abilene for the day and while we were at the mall, he called me back and I asked if I could let him know on Monday since I was out of town. Monday I called him back and told him I would take the job. He didn't answer his phone, so I left a message. Tuesday morning I woke up and had a message from Magnolia ISD saying they had an opening and was I interested.

Well, since I hadn't signed anything and I wasn't sold on teaching in a private school I said that I didn't have a job and I was interested. Wed. I had an interview in Magnolia and I loved it. The principal told me he would let me know his decision by Friday. Well, Friday I was planning on being at Schlitterbahn so I told him that I may not be with my phone. He said okay and that he would leave a message. So....Friday I had 2 messages, one from the principal and the other from the private school superintendent. I called the principal back and he told me that he had made a decision and that he wanted to hire me, but he needed to talk to my references. I emailed him their phone numbers (they weren't answering their work numbers) on Saturday and Monday he called me again and said that he had sent my stuff to HR and that it was official. Monday I also called the private school and told them that I wasn't going to be able to work for them because I had taken another job.

All that to say that I'm going to be teaching 6th grade science in Magnolia. I'm so excited and I'm actually looking forward to the school year starting.

Thank you so much for your prayers and support. Please continue to pray for me as I prepare to teach these kids. Thank you also for being such great friends. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here today or be the person that I am. So thanks and God Bless.

May the Lord Bless you and keep you...

1 comment:

Katey said...

Becca!!! I'm so happy for you!! I know that you are going to be a fabulous teacher and I know that you are excited. I'll be praying for you!