So, tomorrow I start my student teaching at Mann Middle School. I'm very excited and very nervous. No, take that back, I'm anxious. I think I'm more worried about not having an experience similar to the one my roommate had last year. Last year I watch my roommate have the worst time with her student teaching and I decided then that my experience would be better and now I'm started to worry that it will be just like hers. I'm also anxious because student teaching means that I'm growing up and frankly, I don't want to. I'm so scared to be out there teaching on my own. I think it is easier to want to be a teacher than really be one (go figure). Well, I'm sure this is incredibly boring for everyone else but it makes me feel better to get it off my chest. Please wish me luck tomorrow and wish the kids I'll be working with luck and my cooperating teacher luck. Better yet, just keep all us in your prayers. Hope you all have a great night.
Tuesday, January 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whelp....by this point you've already had your first day, but I have a feeling it went really well. You're a people person, you'll love being with the kiddos and they will be fond of you as well I'm sure. And sometimes it is just hard in the beginning, so if day #1 didn't go as planned, you can be assured that day #2 is a new day and you can go at it all over again differently! Keep your head up, I know what it is like to start questioning things...AKA like you said something about how easy it is to want to be a teacher, but it is different actually being one. No worries....you have a passion, you'll be fine!
Post a Comment