Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Home for the Holidays

Ok, so I'm home for Christmas break and I'm bored out of my mind. I don't really have any friends in Houston anymore except people from church. Not that my friends from church aren't great, they just aren't the same as my friends from school.

I've had a lot of time to think about how precious my friends are the last couple of days while I've been at home. My friends have become my family the last few years. My friends are the people that I want to talk to when I'm having a tough day or when I have a corny joke to share with someone. When I was in high school, we thought we'd be friends forever and we promised we'd keep in touch when we graduated. RIGHT!!! I can honestly say that I have talked to one friends from high school in the last year and I talk to her because she goes to ACU. Its funny how my "best friends" only lasted as long as we were in a situation where we saw each other every day and were basically forced to be friends because of school.

Recently I have realized how blessed I am to have the friends I have. A number of my best friends no longer live in Abilene and that has not hurt our friendship at all. In fact in some cases, I'd say I'm better friends with people now that they have moved on. Basically I guess all this rambling is because I miss my friends and I'm so thankful for them and what they mean to me. I encourage everyone to take the time to make good, close friends who love you unconditionally. I hope my friends know how thankful I am for them and how they continue to bless my life and encourage me to be a better person. I love you all and I can't wait to be back in Abilene to finish out my last semester at ACU.

No comments: